Wednesday, July 3, 2013

It's Your Choice

After a two year "hiatus" from posting, I'm firing back up my "Observations of an Optimist" blog.

In some respects, not much has changed since my last post in January of 2011. In other ways, a whole lot has changed. However, the one consistent in my life has been the optimistic outlook with which I still approach each day. I feel like I have an unfair advantage, I've read the back of the Book...and I win!! :-)

With everything going on in the world today, some would say it's easy to get down and depressed. I think that's true. If you're willing to allow the world to dictate your feelings, then you will be down and depressed. However, if you'll take control over your emotions and realize the power you have in how you respond to every situation, every conversation, and every thought, you'll soon find there is a better way to live.

It's hard work to be "up" in a "down" world but the benefits are so worth it!!

I'm making this blog a weekly event. I'm going to share my thoughts on how to do what I'm talking about.

I'd like to leave you with a question I recently heard Jack Canfield tell was the first question W. Clement Stone asked Jack before Clement would hire him, "Do you take 100% responsibility for your life?" And I would add to that, "Is the life you are choosing to live today a positive or negative life and why?"

"The thief does not come except to steal, and to kill, and to destroy. I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly." John 10:10 (NKJV) 

No comments:

Post a Comment